Lessons from the LEAF case studies and the project results and evaluation were used to produce a series of recommendations for policies related to retrofitting multi-occupancy, mixed tenure buildings. Download the policy recommendations reports using the buttons at the bottom of the page. Separate reports are available for:
- EU policy recommendations
- recommendations for each partner country (Austria, France, Germany, Hungary, Sweden, UK)
- a full policy recommendations report which includes all of the EU and national recommendations, as well as policy background information and key lessons and barriers from the case studies
- good practice examples: policies which facilitate low carbon retrofit of multi-occupancy apartment buildings
The policy recommendations relate to:
- Information provision – improving EPC and energy advice for residents
- Demand side factors – stimulating demand through improved EPCs and regulation such as minimum energy efficiency standards
- Supply side factors – improving the supply chain, including EPC assessors and installers
- Funding and finance – improving the design of energy efficiency subsidy schemes and maintenance
LEAF partners have engaged with policy makers to share lessons and policy recommendations from the project. On an EU level the recommendations have been of particular importance to the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive (EPBD).
Note: the national versions of the reports are also available in English in the ‘Downloads’ sidebar on the right hand side.